Apostle and Prophets Network

Apostles and Prophets

I am 29yrs. old. Since I was a little girl, God used me in prophetic dreams, visions, and utterances. I always knew that the hands of God was upon me to do a special work. I was always "set apart." My question: although God sometimes uses me in the prophetic, how do I distinquish that from having the office of a prophet? I am yet in a season of trying to find out my office so that I can walk in the anointing of that office (I am praying, fasting, and seeking God). God has used me in preaching his word, casting out demons, healing, etc. I just want to know exactly what my call is. I grew up in a strict religious church where women wasn't really allowed to operate fully in the church, but deep down, I feel that God has greater plans for me. He spoke and said that he was taking me to the nations. I really don't know all of what that entails.....

Views: 349

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you very much. Yet I can relate to everyone of these, but I guess I am waiting for God to speak to me like he did to the Apostles and tell me EXACTLY what he has called me to do. Sometimes it get frustrating....
Once again thank you. I guess I will just keep moving in what I do know and trust God to reveal the rest in His time.
Dear Crystal, I see you are trying to find clarity on the gift and the office of a prophet. I also see a word by Prophet Young whom I have known about for many years now. The advice is sound and logical so it would be some what of a script to follow but entirely. Each one of us is a very unique person and so what we have to offer the body of Christ will differ. Your personality will be something God will use in your prophetic ability. He will also use your past as a stepping stone to higher heights. If Father has bestowed the gift of prophecy upon you and you use it well as you grow then if it is intention you will develop into and walk into the office of the prophetic. Normally the boundaries of the gift will be to exhort to edify and to encourage the body of Christ. The areas of rooting up tearing down and rebuilding are not associated with those who have the gift. You may look at at it this way, you are like a surgical assistant. If you can handle all that goes along with serving and being taught by a seasoned prophet then when it's time Father will surely make sure you get the job. Enjoy where you are now though. I hope this ministers to you. Blessings Prophet Tom
Thank you man of God. I am glad that I found this website when I did. I have been trying to find clarity about my calling for a while now so that I can walk fluently in it. Yes, I am a seer. I constantly have dreams of me casting out demons, laying hands on the sick, I've seen me minister in prisons and a mighty deliverance takes place, etc. I just think there is Power in knowing EXACTLY what you are called to do. Please lift me up in prayer.

Prophet Tom Hayden said:
Dear Crystal, I see you are trying to find clarity on the gift and the office of a prophet. I also see a word by Prophet Young whom I have known about for many years now. The advice is sound and logical so it would be some what of a script to follow but entirely. Each one of us is a very unique person and so what we have to offer the body of Christ will differ. Your personality will be something God will use in your prophetic ability. He will also use your past as a stepping stone to higher heights. If Father has bestowed the gift of prophecy upon you and you use it well as you grow then if it is intention you will develop into and walk into the office of the prophetic. Normally the boundaries of the gift will be to exhort to edify and to encourage the body of Christ. The areas of rooting up tearing down and rebuilding are not associated with those who have the gift. You may look at at it this way, you are like a surgical assistant. If you can handle all that goes along with serving and being taught by a seasoned prophet then when it's time Father will surely make sure you get the job. Enjoy where you are now though. I hope this ministers to you. Blessings Prophet Tom
The Prophetic gifting is one in which detail of a seer as an office are firast encountered. To keep it on a level where you are able to understand in the book of Samuel around the ninth chapter, there were two men looking for answeres from the Prophet and had not enough money to encounter the advise of such a gifting, so they pretended to say that he was a seer. A seer sees but does not say without the direct anointing or covering of the prophet. A prophet sees and says under the anointing of GOD because HE or she speaks for GOD. The gift of the Prophet was gien as giftings and not an office. Seasoned Prophets use the office of the Prophet and should be stationed in that position by a seasoned father or mother prophet who has trained and set him apart for the use of GOD. God gives divine appointments, men give offices. He who sees is not necessarialy a prophet. In Acts 2, it is an endtime prophecy that old men shall dream dream young men shall have visions and on my women servants or handmaidens I will pour out my Spirit and they shall prophesy. The ability to prophesy is being poured out upon all flesh. But he who prophesies is not necessarily a prophet. The mantel of the prophet is present in the life of the prophet before birth. Jesus is the spirt of prophecy and HE uses whom ever HE pleases. The ass that spoke to Balim prophesied and HE was still a jack ass. But he spoke for GOD. Just because one speaks for GOD at some given point does not make he or she a prophet.
Thank you. I've never heard it explained in that way before. I have more clarity on the subject now. For the longest, I've heard people talk about the office of a prophet, and the gifting of a prophet. Although God has used me in the prophetic many times, I never felt like I had the OFFICE of a prophet. I am a dreamer, and a seer, but I yet don't flow in the prophet like Elijah or Elisha.

Major Prophetess Faison Sneed said:
The Prophetic gifting is one in which detail of a seer as an office are firast encountered. To keep it on a level where you are able to understand in the book of Samuel around the ninth chapter, there were two men looking for answeres from the Prophet and had not enough money to encounter the advise of such a gifting, so they pretended to say that he was a seer. A seer sees but does not say without the direct anointing or covering of the prophet. A prophet sees and says under the anointing of GOD because HE or she speaks for GOD. The gift of the Prophet was gien as giftings and not an office. Seasoned Prophets use the office of the Prophet and should be stationed in that position by a seasoned father or mother prophet who has trained and set him apart for the use of GOD. God gives divine appointments, men give offices. He who sees is not necessarialy a prophet. In Acts 2, it is an endtime prophecy that old men shall dream dream young men shall have visions and on my women servants or handmaidens I will pour out my Spirit and they shall prophesy. The ability to prophesy is being poured out upon all flesh. But he who prophesies is not necessarily a prophet. The mantel of the prophet is present in the life of the prophet before birth. Jesus is the spirt of prophecy and HE uses whom ever HE pleases. The ass that spoke to Balim prophesied and HE was still a jack ass. But he spoke for GOD. Just because one speaks for GOD at some given point does not make he or she a prophet.
Dear Crystal, I found this and thought it may help you.

DEFINING THE MINISTRY OF PROPHETS — God’s Communication Channels

The Prophet — God’s spokesman: from "pro" = on behalf of / "phet" = to speak. Simply defined, the Prophet is God’s spokesman. The Prophet is a Fivefold Minister who has been set apart, appointed, and anointed with the ministry gifting of a Prophet, and has been permanently set into that office. Though every believer has a vital function he has been anointed and appointed by the Lord to perform, it must be understood that no amount of zeal, enthusiasm, fervor, prayer, or even Bible study, can vaunt a person into any ministry office, including that of Prophet. It is only the appointing and anointing of the Lord that makes a prophet a prophet. Fivefold ministry starts with a calling, not a desire, and that calling must be from God. Your mother, your father, or your wife cannot call you to the ministry; you can’t even call yourself; only God can call a person to the ministry.

True prophets are not novices, neither are they mere aspiring ministers. It is wise to refer to those in training in a prophetic calling as "prophets in training," if they indeed are, or a "prophetic person in training," if they are "one who prophesies," rather than a "prophet," per se. A true prophet is not someone trying to become or in the process of becoming a prophet, rather he IS a prophet, and has always been a prophet before he was formed in his mother's womb. While "schools of prophets" can be helpful in developing those that have been anointed by God with the anointing of a prophet, one cannot simply take a course to "learn" to be a prophet. No one can really "teach" someone to be a prophet. Prophets are not "taught," but are usually "caught" and then "made" by the Lord. No one can intrude into any ministry office successfully, especially the office of the prophet. We describe the ministry offices merely for the sake of understanding them better, but merely calling yourself something, whether it be: "a prophet," or "a teacher," or "a '37 Oldsmobile," for that matter, does not make you one. Any minister is what he is because of what he does and is, not because of what he calls himself. The best approach for any minister is to simply do all that God has equipped him and allows him to do, and let his ministry functionings define who he is. Ministry offices are not titles or positions to which anyone can be appointed by any human, including themselves, or any human agency, but rather they are functions for which Christ as the Head of the Church anoints and to which He appoints certain believers of His choosing.

The office of the Prophet and the "one who prophesies" (1 Cor. 14:3,5) are two distinct functions with vast differences separating them. "One who prophesies" can be any willing believer through whom the Holy Spirit chooses to operate the simple manifestation gift of prophecy. The office of the prophet, however, is only given to "some" (Eph. 4:11), that is to say, certain God-selected individuals, who God has anointed with supernatural enablement to minister in a building and instructive capacity. The fact that one is merely used by God to prophesy does not make that person a prophet by any means. Another major difference is that the simple gift of prophecy by a lay-believer (non-Fivefold Minister) must be limited to edification, exhortation, and comfort, while the ministry of a prophet is not so limited, but in addition to these may also include: revelation, illumination, foretelling of future events, divine counsel, guidance, direction, correction, admonition, and in some extreme cases, even rebuke.
Prophet Hayden, I perceive that you are an awesome teacher of the word. You dissected that to the point were even a babe in Christ should be able to understand it. So many times, people try to put labels or titles (Evangelist, Prophet, Preacher, Pastor etc.) on me simply because God manifests HIS anointing in my life powerfully, but I oftentimes tell them that until God places a label on me, I only want to be known as a servant. Sometimes it get's frustrating though because I really don't know what I'm supposed to be doing in this season.

Prophet Tom Hayden said:

The Prophet — God’s spokesman: from "pro" = on behalf of / "phet" = to speak. Simply defined, the Prophet is God’s spokesman. The Prophet is a Fivefold Minister who has been set apart, appointed, and anointed with the ministry gifting of a Prophet, and has been permanently set into that office. Though every believer has a vital function he has been anointed and appointed by the Lord to perform, it must be understood that no amount of zeal, enthusiasm, fervor, prayer, or even Bible study, can vaunt a person into any ministry office, including that of Prophet. It is only the appointing and anointing of the Lord that makes a prophet a prophet. Fivefold ministry starts with a calling, not a desire, and that calling must be from God. Your mother, your father, or your wife cannot call you to the ministry; you can’t even call yourself; only God can call a person to the ministry.

True prophets are not novices, neither are they mere aspiring ministers. It is wise to refer to those in training in a prophetic calling as "prophets in training," if they indeed are, or a "prophetic person in training," if they are "one who prophesies," rather than a "prophet," per se. A true prophet is not someone trying to become or in the process of becoming a prophet, rather he IS a prophet, and has always been a prophet before he was formed in his mother's womb. While "schools of prophets" can be helpful in developing those that have been anointed by God with the anointing of a prophet, one cannot simply take a course to "learn" to be a prophet. No one can really "teach" someone to be a prophet. Prophets are not "taught," but are usually "caught" and then "made" by the Lord. No one can intrude into any ministry office successfully, especially the office of the prophet. We describe the ministry offices merely for the sake of understanding them better, but merely calling yourself something, whether it be: "a prophet," or "a teacher," or "a '37 Oldsmobile," for that matter, does not make you one. Any minister is what he is because of what he does and is, not because of what he calls himself. The best approach for any minister is to simply do all that God has equipped him and allows him to do, and let his ministry functionings define who he is. Ministry offices are not titles or positions to which anyone can be appointed by any human, including themselves, or any human agency, but rather they are functions for which Christ as the Head of the Church anoints and to which He appoints certain believers of His choosing.

The office of the Prophet and the "one who prophesies" (1 Cor. 14:3,5) are two distinct functions with vast differences separating them. "One who prophesies" can be any willing believer through whom the Holy Spirit chooses to operate the simple manifestation gift of prophecy. The office of the prophet, however, is only given to "some" (Eph. 4:11), that is to say, certain God-selected individuals, who God has anointed with supernatural enablement to minister in a building and instructive capacity. The fact that one is merely used by God to prophesy does not make that person a prophet by any means. Another major difference is that the simple gift of prophecy by a lay-believer (non-Fivefold Minister) must be limited to edification, exhortation, and comfort, while the ministry of a prophet is not so limited, but in addition to these may also include: revelation, illumination, foretelling of future events, divine counsel, guidance, direction, correction, admonition, and in some extreme cases, even rebuke.
Dear Crystal You are already doing what He is asking by being a servant. Remember the greatest of all is the sevant of all. Although Father gave me a tag I am very much like you, His servant. That is the best job in the house. Keep smiling and keep serving. You are a blessing.
I would just like to say that I missed some days and I am catching up since on vacation where there was no internet, it was just rest from everything. I am back and I would like to state that labels are placed upon things not people. Those gifts in Ephesians chapter 4 were gifts being presented to the body of Christ by Christ Jesus after he presented himself to the father after dying on the cross and getting the keys over death hell and the grave. I do not take the gifts lightly. Others call them titles, which would be Mr.,Mrs.,Dr. ect, God gave gifts, Apostle, Prophet, Teacher, Evangelist, and Pastor and they are and never shall be or should be referred to as tags or titles or labels. Jesus was tagged for me, given titles such as Belzebub, and glutton. He was labled as a no body and He gave us gifts to prove his death burial and ressurection which was not in vain. Servants is the occupation to which you are called. For instance Drs are called to medicine but we never refer to them as medicine.
Just praise God for your gift which God said will make room for you. No matter the name of it.
Crystal McDaniel said:
Prophet Hayden, I perceive that you are an awesome teacher of the word. You dissected that to the point were even a babe in Christ should be able to understand it. So many times, people try to put labels or titles (Evangelist, Prophet, Preacher, Pastor etc.) on me simply because God manifests HIS anointing in my life powerfully, but I oftentimes tell them that until God places a label on me, I only want to be known as a servant. Sometimes it get's frustrating though because I really don't know what I'm supposed to be doing in this season.

Prophet Tom Hayden said:

Well I appreciate you responding. I just didn't understand the difference that's all. Thanks for your passionate insight....
Major Prophetess Faison Sneed said:
I would just like to say that I missed some days and I am catching up since on vacation where there was no internet, it was just rest from everything. I am back and I would like to state that labels are placed upon things not people. Those gifts in Ephesians chapter 4 were gifts being presented to the body of Christ by Christ Jesus after he presented himself to the father after dying on the cross and getting the keys over death hell and the grave. I do not take the gifts lightly. Others call them titles, which would be Mr.,Mrs.,Dr. ect, God gave gifts, Apostle, Prophet, Teacher, Evangelist, and Pastor and they are and never shall be or should be referred to as tags or titles or labels. Jesus was tagged for me, given titles such as Belzebub, and glutton. He was labled as a no body and He gave us gifts to prove his death burial and ressurection which was not in vain. Servants is the occupation to which you are called. For instance Drs are called to medicine but we never refer to them as medicine.
Just praise God for your gift which God said will make room for you. No matter the name of it.
Crystal McDaniel said:

Prophet Tom Hayden said:

10 Things That Confirm Your Prophetic Call

Have you been wanting to know if God's called you to be a prophet? Here are ten sure fire signs to help you find out!

1. Ministry to the church

As a prophet you will find yourself drawn to ministering to believers and very often to those that have backslidden. If you end up “speaking to someone on the street” the chances are they knew the Lord and wandered away. God has called you to teach His Church to know Him. (Ephesians 4:12)

2. Unique Approach

From the beginning you always did things differently! As much as Jeremiah rocked the boat in the Old Testament and Agabus tied Paul’s hands with his belt - you have always tended to do and be something and others did not expect. This has likely brought about some rejection, however there is a silver lining in this cloud - it means that people will never forget you!

3. Swinging the pendulum 

Prophets are notorious for swinging wildly from one extreme to the next. Much like their Elijah counterpart they are head strong on “taking down the prophets of Baal” one day and wailing and wanting to give it all up the next. 

The Lord is gracious though and does not leave the prophet to his little pity party. Just like He came to Elijah with a still small voice in his time of frustration, so the Lord is always there to pull you out of those times.

4. Humiliation

Put this one at the top! Because of your unique approach, you have likely hit a wall or two in your time. Some things worked out and some others definitely did not! Jesus Himself was stripped and laid bare on the cross, humiliated before everyone and you too, as part of your humbling process have gone through the same experience many times.

Although it is not fun, this particular point keeps you humble and reminds you that the gifts of the spirit, the prophetic calling on your life and everything you are is under the hand of God - it is not your own great idea!

5. Singleness of purpose - Black and White!

There is no compromise with a prophet. You are saved or you are not. You are anointed or you are not. You are chosen or you are not. There is no shade of grey - just black and white. Hot or cold is acceptable, but lukewarm is not!

Just like all the prophets in the new and Old and New Testament, there was no compromise in their message. Some in the Church may call you confrontational or “too focused” on one thing all the time. We call it seeing things in “black and white” and having a singleness of purpose!

6. Unconscious revelation

Because God uses the prophet to introduce Him to His people, revelation is like breathing to a prophet. In fact you would have flowed in the gifts of the spirit without realizing it. From simply sensing if something was right or wrong to flowing in dreams and visions, like the child Samuel, the Lord calls the prophet out from the beginning to see things from His perspective in the spirit.

7. Allegorical Thinking

Prophets love pictures! They think allegorically and from childhood they are the ones in their little worlds. This is because the realm of the spirit is one full of rich types and shadows. It is the language of the spirit.

As a result even from childhood a prophet will be geared to see things allegorically and in the spirit. They see the deeper meanings and the pictures that others do not. They love parables just like Jesus did and cannot come to the Lord and cannot even minister without using allegories and the pictures that God shows them.

8. Prayer Orientation

Prayer is like breathing to a prophet. Whether in travail like Daniel for the lives of God’s people or like Micah who presented the cause of the people to God. Either way, prophets love to pray and seek God on behalf of themselves and others.

Looking for someone in prophetic ministry? Look no further than the intercessory team! Right there you will find prophets in the making, shaping their very call with the hand of prayer.

9. Bringing God’s Presence Through Music

If asked what should change the most in services, the prophets would be the first to say, “TAKE OUT THE CHAIRS SO WE CAN DANCE!” Like David who worshipped God with all his being, prophets love music!

Not only do they make the most anointed worship leaders, but they have an anointing from God to release His presence in praise and worship. That includes dance, sing or simply worshipping God with all their might. This does not mean having talent… this means having the anointing!

10. Tough Experiences in Life

The enemy sees a prophet coming from a mile! From the moment one is born he puts a target on their backs. God is so gracious though and just like He snatched Jesus from the clutches or Herod, he reaches in to save that prophet time and again.

There are times the prophet feels much like John the Baptist, stuck in the wilderness and misunderstood, but the time does come to be “shown to the world.” These tough experiences in life do not get the prophet down, but shape him for the call on their lives.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by Apostle Prude.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service